From the desk of Parkesburg Councilperson Mel Keen
General Trash Guidelines
- Put cans/boxes out the night before pick-up or early on the day of pick-up.
- Put trash in cans.
- Remove empty trash cans from the street promptly and store in the rear of your yard.
- Please pick-up wind blown trash.
Monday Yard Wast Collection
- Place leaves, sticks and weeds in cans, boxes or paper yard waste bags.
- DO NOT PUT YARD WASTE IN PLASTIC BAGS.
- No dirt, stones, trash or plastic bags.
- Bundle sticks 3’ long. No branches over 2” thick or logs.
- No pick-up during the winter.
- Tuesday, South side,
- Wednesday North side
- Place metal, plastic and glass bottles and containers AND cardboard and newspaper together in cans or boxes.
- Do not put recycling in plastic trash bags
- The Borough doesn’t pay to dump recycling! When you recycle you help hold the line on trash fees.
- These items can be recycled
- Metal: Tin and aluminum cans, empty aerosol cans, empty paint cans.
- Glass: Bottles and Jars (any color)
- Plastic: #1 and #2 plastics ONLY (mostly beverage, food and detergent containers).
- Cardboard: May be filled with recycling or empty and flattened.
- Mixed paper: Newspaper, magazines, mail (junk and personal), phone books, food boxes (remove plastic liner), computer paper, flyers, wrapping paper (no foil orplastic wrap), soda and beer cartons.
Regular trash pick-up
- Thursday, South Side- First Avenue and South
- Friday, North & East Side-E. 1st & 2nd Avenues, Maple Street and North
- Put out on your regular trash day, next to your can.
- If a holiday falls on a Thursday, (like Thanksgiving) South Side pick-up will be on Wednesday.
- If a holiday falls on a Friday, South-Side pick-up Wednesday and North Side pick-up will be on Thursday.
- Monday holidays – no yard waste
Call Borough Hall at 610-857-2616 for information about removing large items.
Haul large items yourself and save $$. Get the details at- www.SECCRA.org